I. Pick out the word whose underlined part is pronounced differently from the others.
1. A. camcorder B. cave C. passive D. add
2. A. neighbor B. eight C. height D. weight
II. Pick out the word that has the stress differently from the others.
3. A. journal B. highlight C. affect D. comedy
4. A. media B. drama C. Internet D. recommend
III. Choose the best answer A, B, C or D to complete each sentence.
5. Neither the director nor his assistant ______yet.
A. have come B. haven’t come C. has come D. hasn’t come
6. How long have you known them? - ____________
A. Since 5 years B. Ever since 5 years C. 5 years D. For 5 years
7. In spite of ______, the woman tries to climb the mountain very often.
A. old age B. her age C. her age old D. her old age
8. Why was his boss so angry with him? Because_____late.
A. him to be B. his being C. he was D. he is
9. Nobody could hear her_______she spoke too quietly.
A. As B. because of C. in spite of D. although
10. ______all our efforts we failed.
A. Because of B. Despite C. In spite D. Despite of
11. A ________film shows some actual aspects of human or social activities.
A. drama B. cartoon C. documentary D. serial
12. They _____her to enter for the Beauty Contest.
A. made B. caused C. encouraged D. let
13. It’s nine years______Sir Alfred returned from America.
A. for B. since C. when D. because
IV. Identify the one underlined word or phrase A, B. C or D - that must be changed for the sentence to be correct.
14. You should take regular exercise instead of sit in front of the television all day.
A B C D
15. I thought the show will be very interesting and exciting.
A B C D
16. The fish has become a popular item on the menus of most restaurants.
A B C D
V. Rewrite these sentences which has the same meaning as the given one.
17. She began to play the piano three years ago.
A. She has played the piano since three years. B. She doesn’t play the piano now.
C. She stops playing the piano now. D. She has played the piano for three years.
18. Sam was lazy, so he lost his job.
A. Sam lost his job because he was lazy. B. Sam lost his job because of his lazy.
C. Sam lost his job because he is lazy D. All are correct
19. Tim gave up smoking to save money Trích từ: http://www.kilobooks.com - Thư viện điện tử Việt Nam
Vui lòng Tải xuống để xem tài liệu đầy đủ.
Xem 1,652 Mua 8 Bình luận 4